The City of Twin Oaks offers residents a Sewer Lateral Repair Program, which works as a reimbursement program to residents/owners in order to help defray the cost of repairing collapsed sewer laterals between the house and the main. You can find a brief overview of the program below, or check out the city code for additional details.
How the Program Works
- If you think you have a collapsed pipe, contact the licensed plumber of your choice and have him cable and televise the line. Once you have received a video from your plumbing contractor, contact the City Administrator at 636-225-7873.
- An appointment will be made to review the tape to verify eligibility of the program.
- If eligible, the resident must obtain three bids from licensed contractors, contracts with the lowest bidder, and then pays for the repair in full.
- Copies of the actual bill and receipt of payment are then sent to the City Office at 1381 Big Bend Road, Twin Oaks, MO 63021. The City will reimburse up to 75% of the eligible owner's cost of repairs (this reimbursement cap is set by ordinance by the Board of Aldermen and can be changed based on the funds available).
- Payment will be sent to the resident/owner, along with their submitted video and paperwork.
About the Program
In November 2000, residents voted to approve paying $28.00 annually to establish a sewer lateral repair program within the community. The Sewer Lateral Repair Program began officially on February 17, 2001 and was designed to reimburse a homeowner towards the expense involved in repairing broken residential sewer laterals from the sewer main to the house. All residential and condominium units are covered under this program.
The fees, which generate about $4,928.00 per year, will be collected through St. Louis County beginning in November 2015. This fee is used entirely for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program and cannot be used for any other purpose.